The Miles Clan

The Miles Clan

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Third stop, Minden, LA

On our backwards check mark trip across country (yeah, look at a map and you'll see we did a backwards check mark) we stopped to visit family in Minden, LA.

It had been about 5 years since we were there last so it was a trip long overdue. Prior to leaving Lejeune, my Uncle/Godfather whom I call Panny, was diagnosed with cancer and began his battle with the ugly disease. We were not sure if he'd still be with us come June but apparently he wanted to tell me "Gimme a damn kiss little girl" one more time!

My 2 little cousins were celebrating birthdays so their mom postponed their party a week so we could make it. It was so relaxing to sit back and visit with everyone. I got to meet my soon to be cousin, although he didn't propose to Heather until after we got to WA, I had a feeling it would be soon. I also got to meet a couple of my cousins close friends. We're an odd, LOUD family and those girls fit right in!

It was a difficult goodbye, and my last goodbye to Panny until I see him in Heaven, but we know we'll be heading back through as the Coast Guard will VERY likely bring us back to the East Coast, probably sooner than we think.

This was our last stop to see family or friends before the rest of the treck!
 Panny
 Mike enjoying water fun
 Greg and the girls talking physical therapy
 Enjoying the company
 It's POOL TIME
 Pretty much everyone slung Sean around
 I think he's out of breath
 There's never enough time for visiting
 More water fun
My Godparents and my family
Nanny, Panny Greg, me, Sean and Mike

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the PACNW look you have going! I'm sooooo sorry about Panny, but I'm SO GLAD you had this time with him this summer!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete