The Miles Clan

The Miles Clan

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

All Day Greg & Renee Day

Woooohoooooo Columbus Day! So the boys still had school, strange, guess it's touch and go by school districts and states. Anyway, Greg and I took advantage of being kid-less since he was off (hooooray for Military)!

We started our day with a run to TJMax cause stupid cashier the week before, didn't remove the security tag off of my new scarf, and no, the alarms didn't go off. I HATE when they don't remove those things. We ran across the street from there to Ross. Greg was on a hunt for some boots because he finally realized how smart I am and tennis shoes will not keep his piggies warm on cold, rainy days here.

While we didn't get boots in there, we did get me a pair of American Eagle (so in love with their jeans) jeans, and the boys each a Seahawks Jersey. We headed across the street the OTHER direction and hit Red Robin, YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMM for lunch. I love the Blue Ribbon Burger but wanted to try the Mediterranean Chicken Salad that I keep hearing of on TV. Can't eat there without a Strawberry Lemonade either! Greg had the Burnin Love Burger and a DC (diet coke)  to drink! The day before, I was talking to momma about our day we were planning and she told me daddy said not to eat at Red Robbin, or if we did, not to tell him (he loves it). So of course, I had to rub it in!! We text-ed back and forth, a few pics here and there, and some life threats, you know, normal mother/father-daughter fun. LOL

After firing off a pouty face pic to my daddy for my regretful rubbing in of Red Robbin (not), we headed to the mall. We both seem to enjoy shopping when it's only the 2 of us. We've always been mall goers, since Cape Cod days 17yr ago. We just wander around, hit book stores, game stores, clothing stores, people watch, talk about the movie Mall Cop....... So to have a huge, 2 story mall here, it entertained us for quite some time.

After Greg's failed attempt to get a good deal on jeans at Ross, like I did, we hit American Eagle (cause I don't hit the mall without walking in there) and he picked up a pair of jeans on sale. I restrained from looking, as I think I'm turning into my friend Brandi, with Jean Addiction Compulsive Disorder!

Still on a boot search, he found some at JCPenny and placed them on hold (I knew he'd end up choosing them, just sayin') and looked some more. By the time we went from one end, to the other, up the stairs and back to the starting end, he decided on the boots at Penny's (told ya so). I hit Sephora in Penny's for my BEST EVER eye makeup remover that Gia got me hooked on, and then we headed out.

Target was a must stop because, well, we don't want me to stink, I needed more body wash and deodorant! Next, Bed Bath & Beyond. We both could stay in that store for EVER!!! So many cool gadgets of all sorts and when you get tired, sit in the massaging chairs! I was looking for Euro Shams that go with my new bed set but they don't have them (so not gonna do Euro Pillows I guess). Greg spotted a super sweet, overstuffed, suede, club chair that folds up. Great teen room/dorm room style but all I could think of was ball practice or sitting in the yard around the burn pit. The pink ones were on sale for $19.99 but I walked away.
(Update, while sitting in the adirondack chair yesterday with a quilt, watching the 3 of them toss the football, my bony hip didn't like the lack of plushness, so Greg ran me to BB&B and got me one!! Guess who's gonna be comfy and snugly at ball practice tonight?)

Tired, soooooooooo tired. So we grabbed a pick me up. Greg got his usual DC and me, a Triple White Chocolate Mocha from StarBux!!

We headed home, right as the boys were getting home as well. Back to family life! I LOVE family life, but you need a break, and need to remember that if you do your job right as a parent, your kids (hopefully) will grow up and move out, leaving who? That's right, you and your spouse. So remember that, and continue to make time for each other, watch a movie, sit on the back porch alone, or have an All Day "Fill in Name" & "Fill in Spouses Name" Day of your own!!!


 First OFFICIALLY titled, All Day Greg & Renee Day

 Loves

 Yuuuuuuummmmm!!!

 Hmmmm, what should I order?

THIS IS WHO I REALLY AM!!!

 The Burnin Love Burger, that's it, mmmmhmmmm!!

 Mediterranean Chicken Salad


 Burnin Love Burger

 Delish Strawberry Lemonade, Greg is a strawberry thief by the way!

No more cold/wet piggies!!

 A.E.

 A new beanie perhaps? Naaahhhhh

 Pick me up DC and Starbux!


 Heading home, look at those mountains!

 Sooo beautiful!

 Let's stretch out the last minutes and take the Scenic Route

 Almost there

 That's my town ahead, this is our turn off into our neighborhood

HOME

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! You two are so cute! I wanna have a Gia and Renee day!!! Remember the "Renee and Gia Show" every morning in the driveway? LOL I love these special no kid date days of hanging out, running errands, getting a sbux! You guys were MADE for each other! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last comment was ME, btw! I was signed in under Jason's e-mail! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the picture in your heading and the look of your blog Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete