The Miles Clan

The Miles Clan

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home, at last!

After about a week of having our stuff, we were GOOD and SETTLED. I have much more space in this house, which has become a challenge to decorate. Being military, you don't want to fall into 'decorate to the house' or 'buy for the house' mode but it can be SO hard.

We've been in the house 2 months now and I still have bare wall space with plenty of ideas. Being picky and not settling though, they will remain bare until I find what I desire. I will not however, fill every space because I LOVE sparse decor.

We knew before we left Lejeune that we were upgrading Mike to a double bed and placing the 2 twin beds in Sean's room. We also knew it is TIME for Greg and I to get new dressers but now looking at transferring again possibly this summer, I don't want to buy brand new and have it's first move (damage) being only months after. So holding off.... Also already redoing my bedroom since these pictures. haha

We have MORE than enough room (hint hint, come for a visit) and know that the added space will be a bonus during those rainy months. We all will have more than a corner to retreat to! Wooohoooo!!! So bring on the Pac NW weather, we're ready!

Without further ado, our home.


 The Miles Clan's New Crib
 Everyone's haven! I'd say Greg's but it's mine too since I get to park my rig in it, as well as the boys because with the entire right side, next to my rig, is OPEN space for bikes, scooters, skateboards, and on rainy days I park in the driveway and they have an entire 2 car garage to play in.
 The 4Runner, 3wheeler, tools and then my truck. To the right of my truck, open space.
 Entering the front door into the living room/dining area
 From the windows in the living room
 Looking at living room from dining area
 Living Room towards dining area, kitchen to left of wall with mirror
 View point from dining area into kitchen/den
 From kitchen looking to den, stairs, half bath diagonal from stairs and garage directly left of stairs
 Den to kitchen, dining area/living room to right
 These are some of my shots, mostly from classes, that I framed for the den. Greg had been begging me to put some of my stuff out!!
That's my beautiful niece and our Sun Conure Skittles, by the way!
 More of mine
 Downstairs bath, we call it the "poopin' bathroom". The toilet moans after you flush it, hmmm, wonder why? LOL

 Going upstairs, see the glimpse of my kitchen cabinets on the bottom... so you get the layout.
 Some empty wall space, waiting on more shots of mine and maybe some art work of my very talented neighbor!
 Looking the other direction. Linen closet and laundry room are the doors on the left. Mikes room around corner on the left, the door on the right is guest/project room and directly to my right (you can't see) is the boys bathroom and Sean's room, to my left (can't see it either) is our room.

 Guest/Project room. Right now our 5ft project table is open with skateboard parts, oh and my clothes drying rack is open in there as well.
 Mike and Sean's bath
 Mikes spacious room. He's thinking of some Dragon sketches artwork. Still looking for it.
 Sean's room. Shelves are vintage Variflex Boards
 His Grip Tape Art was done by yours truly!!
 Poster of Greg's Santa Cruz Board is another, yours truly!!
 Our GIGANTOR room! Don't you love vacuum marks, just sayin'!!!
 Opposite direction. Closet by dresser, and duh, you can see the hallway (boys bathroom) and our bathroom.

Updated pic of our new bedding, it's so cloud like now!!

Just wanted to share the beautiful fall colors right outside the bedroom window.
 Our bath

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT ALL! And yes, I DO LOVE vaccuum marks!!!!!!!!!! Everything looks FAB! Really love your framed artwork, grip tape artwork and skateboard shelves! CLEVER! I didn't see MY ROOM though!!!!!!!!! ;) You need an updated pic of your new bedding! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you did, the guest/project room. Will go take an updated pic of my room now. It's just the bedding still. Need to get my art from Jemina!!

    ReplyDelete